What Is the Live Weather Radar Feature?
Our convenient live weather feature allows drivers and business managers to view an overlay of current radar information over any GPS tracking map. Radar data is provided by the National Weather Service and is updated every 10 seconds for maximum accuracy. Radar information includes the full range of temperatures and conditions, from light rain and snow to dangerous thunderstorms and icy blizzards. This data can be played back or looped as needed to help you and your team make business-critical decisions.
Live Weather Radar Benefits
Being able to view live weather along any asset route provides a number of convenient benefits:
- Real-time updates allow you to make decisions on-the-fly.
- Weather overlay provides location-accurate information regarding conditions along a specified route.
- Pre-planning is made easier, as you'll be able to anticipate weather delays and route around storms ahead of time.
- Constant updates allow drivers to address sudden weather changes and make slight adjustments to their route.
Watch The Live Weather Radar Overlay For Yourself.
Situations in Which the Live Weather Overlay Feature May Be Useful
Our live weather overlay may be valuable in a variety of situations, such as the following:
- Dispatchers can plan for an increase in orders and deliveries during the holidays when winter weather is a major concern.
- Drivers can prepare for hurricane season as a coastal company or a business with routes through hurricane-prone areas.
- Managers can confirm a driver's claims of inclement weather when he or she makes an unexpected stop (valuable for verifying statements if you have concerns about employee conduct or honesty).